We are looking for a Construction Manager for a 3 years mission based in France (77).
– Manage a multidisciplinary team of approximately 10 to 20 Construction Supervisors and consultants in order that the following activities are performed
– Create an integrated construction team with personal coming from different entities
– Ensures that all applicable HSEQ Practices, Guidelines, and procedures are implemented and followed by the entire construction workforce.
– Provide support to project team during EPC stage.
– This support will take the form of answering construction questions assurance that the Design is being performed in accordance with client practices and standards.
– Ensures that the dismantling activities, Sulphur unit gas plant equipment and piping dismantling are fully aligned with Refinery’s Safety Regulations and practices and that this information is understood by Works Contractors.
– Manage the weekly construction meeting and issue the weekly construction reports to clearly identify the actions o be performed by the different construction contractors.
– Participate with the HSE coordinator to the daily construction work meeting to review all activities which should be performed the next day and to manage with construction contractors the work coactivity.
– Participate to the call for tender, bid analysis for the construction works to get a good knowledge of the scope of work and contractual obligations of the construction contractors.
– Put in place and manage with the construction team the lean procedure.
– Ensure construction input to planning/scheduling activities, procurement and subcontracting identification.
– Discuss with the other project construction managers to benefit from their experiences, construction work feedback and to share his own return of experience and to take the benefit of the project construction synergies.
– Capture and apply internal and external learning, including HSE improvements to the construction site.
– Ensure the quality of the construction works performed within the site and/or fabrication yards.
– Manage the work coactivity on site and define the priority to be given to each contractor without impacting the global planning
– Communicate with production team to inform about works which will be performed in their units
– Manage construction interface/interferences with other projects
– Inform the project manager of all difficulties encountered during construction and developed the corrective actions to be implemented.
Extensive construction experience.
Experience supervising or managing a major onshore construction project.
Experience with design phase planning and construction.
Willingness and ability to travel to fulfill the responsibilities of this job.
Demonstrate high ethical conduct in areas of procurement, contracts, evaluation of contractors and all other areas
associated with procurement.
Advanced relevant work experience, preferable in the Refining and Petrochemicals Industry.
Fluency in French and English.
Activity area: Oil & Gas